Outdoor Science School
Thousand Pines Outdoor Science School offers four and five day programs where students learn California State Science Standards in the outdoor classroom of the San Bernardino National Forest. Our program prides itself on meeting state standards while catering to fifth and sixth grade students from public, private, and Christian schools. Studies in botany, geology, astronomy, ecology, meteorology, and biology begin in classrooms but are brought to life by experienced staff on our many scenic trails. In addition to the academics, students will walk away with greater skills in communication, cooperation, and self-reliance encouraged through participation in team-building activities and the Confidence Course. For more information on how to register your school, please visit our website.
Things To Do
- Confidence Course
- Hiking Trails
- Team-building Activities and Games
- Night Hike
- Wildlife Animal Presentation
- Conservation Program
- Skits and Songs
- Nature Center
- Astronomy Experience - telescopes, night vision goggles, presentation
- Jeopardy Game
- Leather Working
- Science Journal
- Outdoor Science School T-Shirt — $10
- DVD of your week — Free!!
Four and five day programs offered from October through June.
- One free teacher per 30 students
- Additional teacher registration: $90
- Call for 2012-2013 prices.